This project is focused on building up community-based networks; increase youth work quality by creating effective cooperation in community and international level and by professional development of specialists both from experience of other and specific training; spotlight the importance and use of non-formal and informal learning and increase the quality of life of youth and their families.
Target groups: Youth workers and specialists from local authorities, child protection specialists, social pedagogues and psychologists from community schools, youth police, other specialists dealing with youth, and children at age 13 – 17.
Aims of the project:
• building up community-based network for specialist dealing with youth on every day bases, which operates effectively and problems concerned children at risk are solved efficiently
• increase youth work quality by effective cooperation in community and international level
• spotlight the importance and use of non-formal and informal learning and the role of youth workers/ centers
• increase professional competence of youth specialists dealing with young people at risk in order to increase youth social inclusion and social skills
• elaborate materials which are useful tools in every-day life of specialists
The project has official partners from 4 countries (Estonia, Norway, Latvia, Poland). In addition to official partners (Jõgeva Elementary School, Jõgeva Town Government, Hordaland Police District, Radom Technical School and Valmiera Viesturs Secondary School), associate partners (Regional Police Headquarters of Radom, “Arka” Youth Centre Assosiation and Youth Clubs of Radom, Valmiera Youth Centre Vinda, Vidzeme Regional police department of State police Vamieras district, Estonian Police and Border Guard Board, South Prefecture, Slåtthaug Basic school in Bergen, Skranevannet Basic School in Bergen, MOBY-stiftelsen (Foundation in Bergen aimed at creating positive youth environment), Norwegian Narcotics Officer Association) from partners´ communities will be involved to local activities and building up the community network of youth specialists. The choice of partners was based on the existence of similar problems and shortcomings in the area targeted at youth and each of the partner has valuable experiences to share.